The cultural exchange agreement's overall objectives
The cultural exchange agreement's projects have been and will continue to be characterised by the following overall objectives:
1. The collaboration is always related to education and always involves one or more branches of the arts and specialised areas.
2. An emphasis is placed on the notion that the projects can lead to long-lasting relationships within the domain of art, the other cultural areas and science.
3. It is important that networks be established and/or that already existing networks be widened between the Arab countries, Denmark and selected countries throughout Scandinavia and the rest of Europe.
4. The selected projects are to be communicated to a larger public, in a professional manner, prior to being realised. It is important that, to the greatest possible extent, the press and the television stations mention and discuss the projects, so that it can be substantiated that the mutual cultural effort has borne fruit, that it can continue and that it will lead to a lasting collaboration, which will eventually come to involve other Arab countries.
5. All catalogues will be available in both English and Arabic and all lectures and other contributions will, whenever possible, be tran-scribed/written down in advance in both Arabic and English, so that an optimum propagation of the materials can be achieved.
Else Marie Bukdahl, Dr. phil., rector at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
Dorte Dahlin, artist, project manager
Copenhagen, September 5, 2004